Sunday, July 24, 2011

Electronics and waste

After a few more outings the motor (and myself) are settling in. Shortly after taking the new system online, I realized my instrument pods weren't working. Knotmeter is operational but that isn't powered--anemometer, wind indicator and depth gauge aren't showing any signs of life. I think it's a good thing that all are not working, indicating it could be a fuse or switch, which should be easier to diagnose than an individual wire. These were hit or miss in the seasons prior but last year I finally found the ground issue that was causing the problems. Then the motor went out. So now that the motor is working, the instruments are not. Nothing totally necessary at this point though.

Also, a few days ago I realized the head is having issues too. I much more like dealing with electricity. It's less dangerous.

No comments:

Post a Comment